أفاق الفكر

مراقب

مراقب

أفاق الفكر غير متواجد حالياً

الملف الشخصي

أفاق الفكر غير متواجد حالياً

رد: Muhammad, the Messenger of Allah

Some of the Prophet's Manners & Characteristics:
1. Sound Intellect: The Messenger, may Allah exalt his mention, had an excellent, complete and sound intellect. No man has ever had an intellect as complete and perfect as his. Qadhi Iyaadh, may Allah have mercy on him, said:
'This becomes clear to an individual when the researcher reads the Prophet's biography and understands his state of affairs, and his meaningful and inclusive utterances and traditions, his good manners, ethics and moral character, his knowledge of the Torah and Gospel and other Divine Scriptures, and his knowledge of statements of the wise, and knowledge of bygone nations, and ability to strike examples and implement policies and correct emotional manners. He was an example and paradigm to which his people related to in all branches of knowledge; acts of worship, medicine, laws of inheritance, lineage, and other matters as well. He knew and learned all of this without reading or examining the Scriptures of those before us, nor did he sit with their scholars. The Prophet had no formal schooling, and was without knowledge of the above before being commissioned as a Prophet, nor could he read or write. The Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, was wise to the fullest extent of his mental capacity. Allah, the Exalted, informed him of some of what had taken place (in the past) and of that which would take place in the future. This is a sign that the Dominion belongs to Allah, and that He is capable over all things.'[2]
2. Doing Things for the Sake of Allah: The Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, would always do deeds through which he would seek the pleasure of Allah. He was harmed and abused when he invited and called people to Islam; yet he was patient and endured all of this, and hoped for the reward of Allah. Abdullah b. Masood, with whom Allah is pleased, said:
'It is as though I am looking at the Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, talking about a Prophet who was hurt by his people. He wiped the blood from his face and said: 'O Allah! Forgive my people, for they know not!'(Bukhari #3290)
Jundub b. Sufyaan, with whom Allah is pleased, said that the Messenger's finger bled during one of the battles, and he said:
'You are but a finger which has bled; which suffers in the path of Allah.'(Bukhari #2648)
3. Sincerity: The Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, was sincere and honest in all his matters, as Allah had ordered him. Allah, the Exalted, said:
(Say, 'Indeed, my prayer, my rites of sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allah, Rubb of the worlds. No partner has He. And this I have been commanded, and I am the first (among you) of the Muslims.) [6:162-163]
4. Good Morals, Ethics and Companionship: The narrator said,
"I asked A'ishah, with whom Allah is pleased, to inform me of the Prophet's manners, and she said: 'His manners were the Qur'an'"
This means that the Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, abided by its laws and commands and abstained from its prohibitions. He would observe the virtuous deeds mentioned in it. The Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, said:
'Allah has sent me to perfect good manners and to do good deeds.' (Bukhari & Ahmed)
Allah, the Exalted, described the Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, saying:
(And indeed, you are of a great moral character)[68:4]
Anas b. Malik, with whom Allah is pleased, who was the servant of the Prophet , may Allah exalt his mention, for ten years; day in and day out, during the Prophet's travels and when he was a resident in Madinah. Throughout this period of time, he knew of the Prophet's manners. He said:
'The Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention,did not swear at anyone, nor was he rude, nor did he curse anyone. When he blamed anyone he would say: 'What is wrong with him, may dust be cast in his face.' (Bukhari #5684)
5. Politeness and Good Manners: Sahl b. Sa'd, with whom Allah is pleased, reported:
"A drink was brought to the Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, and he drank from it. On his right side there was a young boy and on his left side were elderly men. He asked the young boy: 'Do you mind if I give the drink to them?' The young boy said: 'O Prophet of Allah! By Allah! I would not prefer anyone to drink from the place you drank. This is my fair share [due to sitting to your right].’ The Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, handed the boy the drink."(Bukhari #2319)
6. Love for Reformation and Reconciliation: Sahl b. Sa'd, with whom Allah is pleased, said that the people of Qubaa' fought amongst themselves and threw rocks at each other. The Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, said:
'Let us go to resolve the situation and make peace between them.'(Bukhari #2547)
7. Ordering with the good and forbidding evil: Abdullah b. Abbas, with whom Allah is pleased, said:
The Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, saw a man wearing a gold ring, so he reached for it, removed it and threw it. He then said:
'Would one of you seek a burning charcoal and place it on his hand?!'
The man was later told, after the Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, left: 'Take your ring! Make good use of it [by selling it].' The man said: 'No, by Allah! I will never take it after the Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, threw it away.' (Muslim #2090)
8. Love of Purification: Muhaajir b. Qunfudth, with whom Allah is pleased, reported that he passed by the Prophet , may Allah exalt his mention, while he was urinating; he greeted him with Salaam, but the Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, did not return the greeting until he made wudhu and apologized saying:
'I disliked that I should mention Allah's name while I am not in a state of purity.'(Ibn Khuzaimah #206)
9. Safeguarding and Minding One's Language: Abdullah b. Abi O'faa, with whom Allah is pleased, said that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, would busy himself with the remembrance of Allah; he would not talk in vain. He would lengthen his prayers and shorten the speech, and he would not hesitate to help and take care of the needs of a needy, poor or widow. (Ibn Hib'ban #6423)
10. Excelling in Acts of Worship: A'ishah, with whom is Allah is pleased, said that the Prophet of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, used to pray during the night until his feet would swell.
A'ishah, may Allah be pleased with her, said: 'Why do you do this, O Messenger of Allah, and Allah has forgiven your past and future sins?' The Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, said: 'Shall I not be a grateful slave?' (Bukhari #4557)
11. Forbearance and Kindness: Abu Hurairah, with whom Allah is pleased, said At-Tufail b. Amr ad-Dawsi and his companions came to meet the Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention.
They said: 'O Messenger of Allah, the tribe of Daws, has refused to accept Islam, so supplicate Allah against them. It was said: ‘the tribe of Daws is doomed and destroyed!’ The Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, raised his hands and said: 'O Allah guide the tribe of Daws and bring them!'
12. Good Appearance: Al-Baraa' b. Aazib, with whom Allah is pleased, said:
'The Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, was a person of average height. His shoulders were wide. His hair reached his earlobes. Once I saw him adorned in a red garment; I never saw anything more beautiful than him.'(Bukhari #2358)
13. Asceticism in Worldly Affairs: Abdullah b. Masood, with whom Allah is pleased, said:
'The Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, went to sleep on a mat. He got up and he had marks on his side due to the mat that he had slept on. We said: 'O Messenger of Allah, shall we not make bedding for you?' He said: 'What do I have to do with this world? I am only like a wayfarer who rides a beast that stopped to take shade and rest under a tree, and then leaves it behind and continues on the journey.'(Tirmidthi #2377)
Amr' b. al-Haarith, with whom Allah is pleased, said the Messenger of Allah , may Allah exalt his mention, did not leave a Dirham or Dinar, or slave male or female after his death. He only left behind his white mule, his weapons and a piece of land which he declared as Sadaqah (charity).' (Bukhari #2588)
14. Altruism: Sahl b. Sa'd, with whom Allah is pleased, said:
'A woman gave the Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, a Burdah (gown). The Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, asked his Companions: 'Do you know what a Burdah is?' They replied, 'Yes, O Prophet of Allah! It is a piece of woven cloth [similar to a shawl]. The woman said: 'O Prophet of Allah! I have woven this shawl with my own hands, for you to wear.' The Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, took it while he direly needed it. After a while, the Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, came out of his home wearing it, and a Companion said to the Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, : 'O Prophet of Allah! Grant me this shawl to wear!' The Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, said: 'Yes.' He thereafter sat for awhile, and headed back home, folded it and gave it to the person who asked for it. The Companions, with whom Allah is pleased, scolded him saying: 'It was not appropriate for you to ask for his shawl; especially since you know he would not turn anyone down, or send them away empty-handed! The man said: 'By Allah! I only asked him to give it to me because I want to be shrouded in this shawl when I die.' Sahl, the narrator of the Hadeeth, with whom Allah is pleased, said: 'The shawl was used as a shroud for that man when he died.' (Bukhari #1987)
15. Strong Faith and Dependence on Allah: Abu Bakr, with whom Allah is pleased, said:
‘I looked at the feet of the pagans while we were in the cave [of Thawr]. I said, ‘'O Prophet of Allah! If anyone of them looks down at his feet he would see us!’ The Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, said: ‘O Abu Bakr! What do you think of two with whom Allah, the Exalted, is their Third?’(Muslim #1854)
16. Kindness and Compassion:Abu Qatadah, with whom Allah is pleased, said:
'The Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, performed Salah (prayer) while he was carrying a young girl named Umaamah, daughter of Abul-Aas. When he bowed, he put her on the ground, and when he stood up, he would carry her again.' (Bukhari #5650)
17. Simplification and Ease: Anas, with whom Allah is pleased, said that the Messenger of Allah , may Allah exalt his mention, said:
'I start the prayer with the intention of lengthening it, but when I hear a child crying, I shorten the prayer as I know the mother of that child would suffer from his screams!’(Bukhari #677)
18. Fearing Allah, being Mindful to not trespass His Limits and Devotion: Abu Hurairah, with whom Allah is pleased, said that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, said:
‘Sometimes, when I return to my family, I would find a date-fruit on the bed. I would pick it up to eat it; but I would fear that it was from the charity, and thus, throw it back [on the ground].’(Bukhari #2300)
19. Expending Generously: Anas bin Malik, with whom Allah is pleased, said:
'The Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, was never asked for something when someone accepted Islam, except that he granted that person what he asked. A man came to the Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, and he gave him a herd of sheep that was grazing between two mountains. The man returned to his people and said: 'O my people accept Islam! Muhammad, may Allah exalt his mention, gives out generously like one who does not fear poverty.'(Muslim #2312)
20. Cooperation: A’ishah, with whom Allah is pleased, was once asked about how the Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, behaved with his family. She said:
'He helped and assisted his family members with their chores; but when the call to prayer was heard, he would leave to attend the prayers.'
Al-Baraa bin ‘Azib, with whom Allah is pleased, said:
‘I saw the Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, on the Day of the Trench carrying dirt [that was dug from the trench] until the dirt covered his chest. He was quite hairy. I heard him saying a few lines of Abdullah b. Rawaahah's poetry: 'O Allah! Had it not been for You, We would have never been guided, nor offered prayers or give in charity. O Allah! Let tranquility descend upon us, and make us firm when we meet our enemies. Verily they have transgressed against us! And if they wish for an affliction we reject and refuse it! He, may Allah exalt his mention, raised his voice while saying these lines of poetry.' (Bukhari #2780)
21. Truthfulness: A'ishah, with whom Allah is pleased, said:
'The trait and characteristic which the Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, hated most was lying. A man would tell a lie in the presence of the Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, and he would hold it against him, until he knew that he repented.' (Tirmidthi 1973)
Even his enemies attested to his truthfulness. Abu Jahl, who was one of the harshest enemies, said: ‘O Muhammad! I do not say that you are a liar! I only deny what you brought and what you call people to.’ Allah, the Exalted, says:
(We know indeed that what they say certainly grieves you, but surely they do not call you a liar; but the unjust deny the verses of Allah.)[6:33]
22. Aggrandizing the limits and boundaries of Allah: A'ishah, with whom Allah is pleased, said:
'The Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, was not given a choice between two matters, except that he chose the easier of the two, as long as it was not a sinful act. If that act was a sinful act, he would be the farthest from it. By Allah! He never avenged himself. He only became angry when people transgressed the limits and boundaries of Allah; in that case he avenged.'(Bukhari #6404)
23. Pleasant Facial Expression: Abdullah bin al-Harith, with whom Allah is pleased, said:
‘I have never seen a man who smiled as much as the Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention.' (Tirmidthi #2641)
24. Honesty and Loyalty: The Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, was well-known for his honesty. The pagans of Makkah -who were openly hostile towards him- would leave their trust-items with him. His honesty and loyalty was tested when the pagans of Makkah abused him and tortured his companions and drove them out of their homes. He ordered his nephew, Ali b. Abi Talib, with whom Allah is pleased, to postpone his migration for three days to return to people their trust-items.[3]
Another example of his honesty and loyalty is demonstrated in the Truce of Hudaibiyah, wherein he agreed to the article in the treaty which stated that any man who left the Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, would not be returned to him, and any man who left Makkah would be returned to them. Before the treaty was concluded a man named Abu Jandal b. Amr had managed to escape from the pagans of Makkah and rushed to join Muhammad, may Allah exalt his mention. The pagans asked Muhammad to honor his pledge and return the escapee. The Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, said:
'O Abu Jandal! Be patient and ask Allah to grant you patience. Allah will surely help you and those who are persecuted and make it easy for you. We have signed an agreement with them, and we certainly do not betray or act treacherously.'(Baihaquee #18611)
25. Bravery and courage: Ali, with whom Allah is pleased, said:
‘You should have seen me on the Day of Badr! We sought refuge with the Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention. He was the closest among of us to the enemy. On that Day, the Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, was the strongest one among us.’ (Ahmed #654)
As for his courage and bravery under normal circumstances - Anas b. Malik, with whom Allah is pleased, said:
'The Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, was the best of people and the most courageous. One night, the people of Madinah were frightened and headed towards the sounds they heard during the night. The Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, met them while coming back from the place of the sound, after he made sure that there was no trouble. He was riding a horse that belonged to Abu Talhah, with whom Allah is pleased, without any saddle, and he had his sword with him. He was assuring the people, saying: 'Do not be frightened! Do not be frightened!’
Anas, with whom Allah is pleased, further said: ‘Verily, we found the Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, to be like an ocean.’ (Bukhari #2751)
He met up with people riding a horse with no saddle, and he carried his sword, for there might be a reason or need to use it. He did not wait for others to check out the source of trouble; as is done in these situations.
In the Battle of Uhud, the Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, consulted his Companions. They advised him to fight, while he himself did not see the need to fight. However, he took their advice. The Companions, upon learning the Prophet’s feelings regretted what they had done. The Ansaris said to him, 'O Prophet of Allah! Do as you please.’ But, he replied:
‘It does not befit a Prophet who has worn his war attire to remove it until he fights.'(Ahmed #14829)
26. Generosity and Hospitality: Ibn Ab'bas, with whom Allah is pleased, said:
'The Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, was the most generous of people. He was most generous during Ramadhan when he met Jibreel, may Allah render him safe from every derogatory thing; he would meet him every night during Ramadhan to practice and review the Qur'an with him. The Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, was so generous, that he was faster than the swiftest wind in this regard.(Bukhari #6)
Abu Dharr, with whom Allah is pleased, said:
'I was walking with the Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, in the Har'rah (volcanic region) of Madinah and we faced the mount of Uhud; the Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, said: 'O Abu Dharr!' I said: 'Here I am O Messenger of Allah!' He said: 'It would not please me to have an amount of gold equal to the weight of Mount Uhud, until I expend and give out (in the sake of Allah) within a night or within three nights. I would keep a Dinar of it to help those who are in debt.(Bukhari #2312)
Jabir b. Abdullah, with whom Allah is pleased, said:
'The Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, did not refuse to give anything which he had, to someone if he asked for it.'(Bukhari #5687)
27. Bashfulness and Modesty: Abu Sa'eed al-Khudri, with whom Allah is pleased, said:
'The Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, was more modest and bashful than a virgin who hides in the women's quarter of the tent. If he hated or disliked something, we could sense it from his facial expressions.' (Bukhari #5751)
28. Humbleness: The Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, was the most humble person. He was so humble that if a stranger were to enter the Masjid and approach the Prophet's sitting place and he was sitting with his Companions one would not be able to distinguish him from his Companions.
Anas bin Malik, with whom Allah is pleased, said:
'Once, while we were sitting with the Messenger of Allah , may Allah exalt his mention, in the Masjid, a man on his camel came in, after he tied it with a rope, he asked: 'Who of you is Muhammad?' The Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, was sitting on the ground while he was leaning, with his Companions. We directed the Bedouin, saying: 'This white man, who is leaning on the ground.' The Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, did not differ nor distinguish himself from his Companions.

The Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, would not hesitate to help the poor, needy and widows in their needs. Anas b. Malik, with whom Allah is pleased, said:
'A woman from the people of Madinah who was partially insane said to the Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, : 'I have to ask you about something.' He helped her and took care of her needs.'(Bukhari #670)
29. Mercy and Compassion: Abu Masood al-Ansari, with whom Allah is pleased, said:
'A man came to the Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, and said: "O Messenger of Allah! By Allah! I do not pray Fajr prayer because so and so lengthens the prayer." He said: 'I have never seen the Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, deliver a speech in such an angry state. He said:
'O People! Verily there are among you those who chase people away! If you lead people in prayer, shorten the prayer. There are old and weak people and those with special needs behind you in prayer.'(Bukhari #670)
Osama bin Zaid, with whom Allah is pleased, said:
‘We were sitting with the Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention. One of his daughters sent a person calling him to visit her and see her son, who was on his deathbed. The Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, told the person to tell her: 'Truly to Allah belongs what He took, and He has given everything a set time. Command her to be patient and to seek the reward of Allah, the Exalted.' His daughter, with whom Allah is pleased, sent the same person back again saying: 'O Prophet of Allah! Your daughter took an oath that you should come.’ The Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, got up, and Sa'd bin Ubaadah and Mu’adth bin Jabal accompanied him. The Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, sat with the child while he was on his deathbed. The child’s eyes froze in their places like stones. Upon seeing that, the Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, wept. Sa'd said to him, ‘What is this 'O Prophet of Allah?’ He said: ‘This is a mercy that Allah, the Exalted, places in the hearts of His slaves. Truly, Allah is merciful to those who are merciful towards others.’(Bukhari #6942)
30. Perseverance and Forgiveness: Anas bin Malik, with whom Allah is pleased, said:
‘Once, I was walking with the Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, while he was wearing a Yemeni cloak with a collar with rough edges. A Bedouin grabbed him strongly. I looked at the side of his neck and saw that the edge of the cloak left a mark on his neck. The Bedouin said, ‘Oh Muhammad! Give me [some] of the wealth of Allah that you have.’ The Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, turned to the Bedouin, laughed and ordered that he be given [some money].’(Bukhari #2980)
Another example of his perseverance is the story of the Jewish Rabbi, Zaid bin Sa'nah. Zaid loaned the Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, something. Zaid said:
‘Two or three days prior to the return of the debt, the Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, was attending the funeral of a man from the Ansar. Abu Bakr and Umar, Uthman and some other Companions, with whom Allah is pleased, were with the Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention. After he prayed the Jinazah (funeral prayer) he sat down close to a wall, and I came towards him, grabbed him by the edges of his cloak and looked at him in a harsh way, and said: 'O Muhammad! Will you not pay me back my loan? I have not known the family of Abdul-Mutalib to delay in repaying debts!
I looked at Umar b. al-Khat'taab, with whom Allah is pleased - his eyes were swollen with anger! He looked at me and said: 'O Enemy of Allah, do you talk to the Messenger of Allah and behave towards him in this manner?! By the One who sent him with the truth, had it not been for the fear of missing it (Jannah) I would have beheaded you with my sword! The Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, was looking at Umar in a calm and peaceful manner, and he said: 'O Umar, you should have given us sincere counseling, rather than to do what you did! O Umar, go and repay him his loan, and give him twenty Sa'a (measurement of weight) extra because you scared him!'
Zaid said: 'Umar went with me, and repaid me the debt, and gave me over it twenty Sa'a of dates. I asked him: 'What is this?' He said: 'The Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, ordered me to give it, because I frightened you.' Zaid then asked Umar: 'O Umar, do you know who I am?' Umar said: 'No, I don't - who are you?' Zaid said: 'I am Zaid b. Sa'nah.' Umar inquired: 'The Rabbi?' Zaid answered: 'Yes, the Rabbi.' Umar then asked him: 'What made you say what you said to the Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, and do what you did to him?' Zaid answered: 'O Umar, I have seen all the signs of prophethood in the face of the Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, except two - his patience and perseverance precede his ignorance and the second, is the more harsher you are towards him, the kinder and more patient he becomes, and I am now satisfied. O Umar, I hold you as a witness that I testify and am satisfied that there is no true god worthy of being worshipped except Allah alone, and my Deen is Islam and Muhammad, may Allah exalt his mention, is my Prophet. I also hold you as a witness that half of my wealth - and I am among the wealthiest people in Madinah - I give for the sake of Allah to the entire Ummah.' Umar, with whom Allah is pleased, said: 'you will not be able to distribute your wealth to the whole Ummah (nation), so say, 'I will distribute it to some of the Ummah of Muhammad, may Allah exalt his mention.' Zaid said: 'I said, then I will distribute (the apportioned) wealth to some of the Ummah.' Both Zaid and Umar, with whom Allah is pleased, returned to the Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention. Zaid said to him: 'I bear witness that there is no true god worthy of being worshipped except Allah alone, and that Muhammad, may Allah exalt his mention, is the slave of Allah and His Messenger.' He believed in him, and witnessed many battles and then died in the Battle of Tabuk while he was encountering the enemy - may Allah have mercy on Zaid.'(Ibn Hibban #288)
A great example of his forgiveness and perseverance is apparent when he pardoned the people of Makkah after its conquest. When the Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, gathered the people; who had abused, harmed and tortured him and his companions, and had driven them out of the city of Makkah, he said:
'What do you think I should do to you?' They said: 'You are a kind, generous brother and nephew!' He said: 'Go - you are free!'(Baihaqi #18055)
31. Patience: The Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, was a paradigm of patience. He was patient with his people before calling them to Islam; for they would worship idols and do sinful acts. He was patient and tolerant with the abuse and harm the pagans of Makkah inflicted on him and his Companions and sought the reward of Allah. He also was patient and tolerant with the abuse of the hypocrites in Madinah.
He was a paradigm of patience when he lost his loved ones; his wife Khadeejah, died during his life. All his children died during his life, except for Fatimah, with whom Allah is pleased. His uncle al-Ab'bas, with whom Allah is pleased, passed away as well. The Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, was patient and sought the reward of Allah.
Anas b. Malik, with whom Allah is pleased, said:
'We entered the house of Abu Saif - the blacksmith - with the Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention. Abu Saif's wife was the wet-nurse of his son, Ibraheem. The Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, lifted his son Ibraheem, and smelled and kissed him. After a while he went and saw his son again - he was dying. The Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, started to cry. Abdurrahmaan b. Auf, with whom Allah is pleased, said: 'O Prophet of Allah, you too cry!' The Messenger, may Allah exalt his mention, said: 'O Ibn Auf, this is a mercy' - the Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, shed more tears and said: 'The eyes shed tears, the heart is saddened, and we only say what pleases our Rubb, and we are saddened by your death, O Ibraheem!'(Bukhari #1241)
32. Justice and Fairness: The Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, was just and fair in every aspect of his life, and in the application of Shari'ah (Islamic Jurisprudential Law).
A'ishah, the mother of Believers, with whom Allah is pleased, said:
‘The people of Quraish were extremely concerned about the Makhzoomi woman (i.e. the woman from the tribe of Bani Makhzoom) who committed a theft. They conversed among themselves and said, ‘Who can intercede on her behalf with the Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention?’
They finally said: 'Who dares to speak to the Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, in this matter except Usamah b. Zaid, the most beloved young man to the Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, .' So Usamah, with whom Allah is pleased, spoke to the Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, regarding the woman. The Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, said:
'O Usamah! Do you intercede (on their behalf to disregard) one of Allah's castigations and punishments!’
The Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, got up and delivered a speech, saying:
'People before you were destroyed because when the noble among them stole, they would let him go; and if the poor and weak stole they would punish him. By Allah! If Fatimah, the daughter of Muhammad stole, I would cut her hand off.'(Bukhari #3288)
The Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, was just and fair and allowed others to avenge themselves if he harmed them. Usaid b. Hudhair, with whom Allah is pleased, said:
'A man from the Ansar, was cracking jokes with people and making them laugh, and the Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, passed by him, and poked him at his side lightly with a branch of a tree that he was carrying. The man exclaimed: 'O Prophet of Allah! Allow me to avenge myself!' The Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, said: 'Go Ahead!' The man said: 'O Messenger of Allah, you are wearing a garment, and I was not, when you poked me!' The Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, lifted his upper garment, and the Ansari kissed his body saying: 'I only meant to do this, O Messenger of Allah!'(Abu Dawood #5224)
33. Fearing Allah, and Being Mindful of Him: The Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, was the most mindful person of Allah. Abdullah bin Masoud, with whom Allah is pleased, said:
‘[Once] the Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, said to me: ‘Recite to me from the Qur'an!' Abdullah b. Masood, with whom Allah is pleased, said: 'Shall I recite it to you, and it is revealed to you!' The Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, said: 'Yes.' He said: 'I started to recite Surat an-Nisaa, until I reached the verse:(How then if We brought from each nation a witness, and We brought you as a witness against these people!)(4:41)
Upon hearing this verse, the Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, said: 'That is enough!' Abdullah b. Masood, with whom Allah is pleased, said, I turned around and saw the Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, crying.'(Bukhari #4763)
A'ishah, the mother of the believers, with whom Allah is pleased, said:
‘If the Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, saw dark clouds in the sky; he would pace forwards and backwards and would exit his house and enter it. As soon as it rained, the Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, would relax. A'ishah, with whom Allah is pleased, asked him about it, and he said: 'I do not know, it may be as some people said:
(Then, when they saw the (penalty in the shape of) a cloud traversing the sky, coming to meet their valleys, they said: 'This cloud will give us rain! Nay, it is the (calamity) you were asking to be hastened! A wind wherein is a Grievous Penalty!)[4](46:24)
34. Satisfaction and Richness of the Heart: Umar b. al-Khattab, with whom Allah is pleased, said:
'I entered the Messenger's house, may Allah exalt his mention, and I found him sitting on a mat. He had a leather pillow stuffed with fibers. He had a pot of water by his feet, and there was some clothes hung on the wall. His side had marks due to the mat that he lay on. Umar, with whom Allah is pleased, wept when he saw this, and the Messenger, may Allah exalt his mention, asked him: 'Why do you weep?' Umar said: 'O Prophet of Allah! Khosrau and Caesar enjoy the best of this world, and you are suffering in poverty?!' He said: 'Aren't you pleased that they enjoy this world, and we will enjoy the Hereafter?'(Bukhari #4629)
35. Hoping for Goodness Even for his Enemies: A'ishah, the mother of the Believers, with whom Allah is pleased, said:
‘I asked the Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention: "Did you face a day harder and more intense than the Battle of Uhud?” He replied: 'I suffered a lot from your people! The worst I suffered was on the Day of al-‘Aqabah when I spoke to Ali b. Abd Yaleel b. Abd Kilaal (in order to support me) but he disappointed me and left me. I left the area while I was quite worried, and walked - when I reached an area called Qarn ath-Tha'alib, I raised my head to the sky and noticed a cloud that shaded me. Jibreel, may Allah exalt his mention, called me and said: 'O Muhammad! Allah, the Exalted, has heard what your people have said to you - and has sent the Angel in charge of the mountains, so you can command him to do what you please.' The Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, said: 'The Angel in charge of the mountains called me saying: 'May Allah exalt your mention and render you safe from every derogatory thing! O Muhammad, I will do whatever you command me to do. If you like I can bring the Akhshabain mountains together and crush them all.' The Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, said: 'It may be that Allah raises from among them a progeny who worship Allah alone and associate no partners with Him.'(Bukhari #3059)

Abdullah b. Umar, with whom Allah is pleased, said:
'When Abdullah b. Ubai b. Salool died, his son Abdullah b. Abdullah came to the Prophet , may Allah exalt his mention, and asked him for his garment, so that they could shroud their father with it. He then asked the Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, to pray the Jinazah (funeral prayer) on him, and he got up to do so, but Umar, with whom Allah is pleased, grabbed the outer garment of the Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, and said: 'O Messenger of Allah! Will you pray on him, and Allah has forbidden you to do so! The Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, said: 'Allah has given me the choice, for He says:
(Ask forgiveness for them or do not ask forgiveness for them; even if you ask forgiveness for them seventy times, Allah will not forgive them; this is because they disbelieve in Allah and His Messenger, and Allah does not guide the transgressing people.)[9:80]
And I will ask for forgiveness for him more than seventy times.' Umar, with whom Allah is pleased, then said: 'He is a hypocrite!' The Prophet, performed the prayer, and Allah revealed:
(And never offer prayer for any one of them who dies and do not stand by his grave; surely they disbelieve in Allah and His Messenger, and they shall die in transgression.)[9:84](Bukhari #2400)

Some of the Prophet's Ethical Manners:
1. The Prophet's close relations with his Companions: This is well-known due to the fact that we have detailed reports about the Prophet's biography. The Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, is the example which we should emulate in all our matters. Jareer b. Abdullah, with whom Allah is pleased, said: 'The Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, did not prevent me from sitting with him, since I accepted Islam. He always smiled when he looked at me. I once complained to him, that I could not ride a horse and he hit me in my chest and supplicated Allah, saying:
'O Allah! Steady him, and make him a person who guides others and a source of guidance.'(Bukhari #5739)
2. The Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, would entertain his Companions and joke with them: Anas b. Malik, with whom Allah is pleased, said the Messenger of Allah , may Allah exalt his mention, was the most well mannered person. I had a young brother whose name was Abu Umair - he would play with a small bird called 'An-Nughair'. The Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, said to him:

'O Abu Umair, what did the Nughair do?!' while he was playing with it.(Muslim #2150)
The Prophet , may Allah exalt his mention, did not only entertain and joke with his companions by word of mouth; rather, he sported and amused them as well. Anas b. Malik, with whom Allah is pleased, said:
'A Bedouin named Zahir b. Haram would give gifts to the Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, and he would prepare things for him as well. The Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, said: 'Zahir is our desert, and we are his city.'
The Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, approached him while he was selling his goods, and the Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, hugged him from behind, and he could not see him. He then said: 'Let me go!' When he knew that it was the Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, who was hugging him, he pressed his back towards the Messenger's chest! The Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, then said: 'Who will buy this slave from me?' Zahir said: 'O Messenger of Allah, I am worthless!' The Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, said:
'You are not considered worthless by Allah!' or he said: 'You are valuable and precious to Allah.'(Ibn Hibban #5790)
3. He would consult his Companions: The Prophet , may Allah exalt his mention, would consult his Companions, and take their opinions and points of view into consideration in issues and matters which no textual proofs were revealed. Abu Hurairah, with whom Allah is pleased, said:
'I have not seen a person more keen for the sincere advice of his companions than the Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention.'(Tirmidthi #1714)
4. Visiting the sick, whether he was Muslim or non-Muslim: The Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, was concerned about his Companions and would make sure that they were well. If he was told about a Companion who was sick, he would rush to visit him with the Companions that were present with him. He wouldn't only visit the Muslims who were sick; rather, he would visit even non-Muslims. Anas b. Malik, with whom Allah is pleased, said:
'A Jewish boy would serve the Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, and he fell sick, so the Prophet , may Allah exalt his mention, said: 'Let us go and visit him.' They went to visit him, and found his father sitting by his head, and the Messenger of Allah , may Allah exalt his mention, said: 'proclaim that there is no true god worthy of being worshipped except Allah alone' and I will intercede on your behalf on account of it on the Day of Resurrection.' The boy looked at his father, and the father said: 'Obey Abul-Qasim!' so the boy uttered: 'There is no true god worthy of being worshipped except Allah alone, and Muhammad , may Allah exalt his mention, is the last Messenger.' The Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, said: 'All praise is due to Allah, Who saved him from the Fire of Hell.'(Ibn Hibban #2960)
5. He was grateful for people's goodness towards him, and would reward that generously: Abdullah b. Umar, with whom Allah is pleased, said that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, said:
'Whoever seeks refuge with Allah against your evil, then do not harm him. Whoever asks you by Allah, then give him. Whoever invites you, then accept his invitation. Whoever does a favor for you or an act of kindness, then repay him in a similar manner; but if you do not find that which you can reward him with, then supplicate Allah for him continuously, until you think you have repaid him.' (Ahmed #6106)
A'ishah, with whom Allah is pleased, said:
'The Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, would accept gifts, and reward generously on account of that.'(Bukhari #2445)
6. The Messenger's love for everything which is beautiful and good: Anas, with whom Allah is pleased, said:
'The hand of the Messenger of Allah , may Allah exalt his mention, was softer than any silk that I had ever touched, and his scent was sweeter than any perfume that I had ever smelt.'(Bukhari #3368)
7. The Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, loved to help others by interceding on their behalf:
Abdullah b. Abbas, with whom Allah is pleased, said:
'The husband of Bareerah, with whom Allah is pleased, was a slave whose name was Mugheeth - I saw him walking behind her in the streets of Madinah crying, and his tears were falling off his beard. The Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, said to Al-Abbas: 'Doesn't it amaze you, how much Mugheeth loves Bareerah, and how much she hates Mugheeth!'
The Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, said to Bareerah: 'Why don't you go back to him?' She said to him: 'Are you commanding me to do so?' He said: 'No, but I am interceding on his behalf.' She said: 'I have no need for him.' (Bukhari # 4875)
8. The Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, would serve himself: A'ishah, with whom Allah is pleased, said:
'I was asked how the Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, behaved in his house.' She said: 'He was like any man; he washed his clothes, milked his sheep, and served himself.' (Ahmed 24998)
The Prophet's excellent manners, not only made him serve himself; rather, he would serve others as well. A'ishah, with whom Allah is pleased, said:
'I was asked how the Messenger of Allah, may Allah exalt his mention, behaved in his house.' She said: 'He would help out in the house with the daily chores, and when he heard the Adthan he would leave for the Masjid.'(Bukhari 5048)

رد مع اقتباس